Why are Editable Detail Views Important?
It’s not uncommon to want to make a quick edit to a Timekeeping record when viewing its detail view. Previously, if you wanted to do this you had to launch the record—which would take you to another window entirely— make your changes, save them, and then head back to the original window. This was a time-consuming (and inconvenient) process for something that should be fairly simple.
We’ve updated this process so that you can make changes directly from the detail view, thus saving you time.
Using Editable Detail Views - Matter View
Access the detail view for Timekeeping records in just a few clicks, and start editing those entries with just a few clicks more.
- From the list of Timekeeping entries within a Matter, locate one you wish to edit.
- You can also use this functionality from the Time Tracking Admin View.
- Click the Time Entry Record.
- This will launch the details panel. The way that the fields are arranged in the detail view reflects how the Time Entry object is organized.
- Click the pencil icon at the top of the record detail preview.
- This will unlock all of the editable fields (those with grey pencil icon next to them) in the detail view, allowing you to make changes.
- Update any information you’d like.
- Click Save at the bottom.
- Click Cancel to reject changes and exit the editable view.
We’ve added our own custom logic into the editable view to allow for easier searching within each field. One example of this is seen when Adjusting the Rates field. When adjusting a record, the list of available Rates will depend on which user is selected. Similarly, the Date field will further refine what Rate options are available, depending on how you have things set up.
Keep in mind that the detail view form is dependent on the object layout for the Time Entry as it’s defined by the admin for your org. That means that fields will be displayed in the same order as they are defined in the Time Entry object.
- Timekeeping v2 Release Notes
- Timekeeping Initial Setup
- Customize Settings in Timekeeping
- Time Tracking Admin View Overview
- Timekeeping Advanced Search Overview