You can define Statute of Limitations for each case type (per each case state) your firm handles. The limitations you set auto-populate the Statute Of Limitations field on all new matters in the selected state and case type.
Litify includes a default library of over 100 different Statute of Limitations.
How to Create a Statue of Limitations
1. Create Statute Record
- Log in to Litify.
- Navigate to App Launcher > Statute of Limitations.
- Select New. A modal appears.
- Define the Statute's Name, Case Type, and all applicable states.
2. Define Dates & Triggers
Once you have saved the Statute record, you are taken to the record's detail page.
- Scroll to the Statute of Limitations component.
- Choose which Matter Date field to use.
- Define a numerical value.