The Template Builder is a document generation tool that supports Docrio. While Docrio helps you upload, view, and manage all of your case documents, Template Builder helps you create document templates and packets used across your case workflow.
With Docrio Document Generation, you can:
- Create merge templates (one template = one document)
- Create merge packets that let users merge one or more templates together
- Users must have the Docrio End User Permission Set assigned to view files.
- Users must have the Docrio Template Builder Permission Set assigned to create templates.
- Users must have File Actions assigned to their Salesforce Profile in order to interact with files.
Navigate to App Launcher > Template Builder.
Document Generation Components
The following subsections define the terms, objects, and fields used to configure Document Generation features.
This section outlines the terms used in document generation for Litify.
- Merge Tags: Codes (as a text string) placed into templates to map mergeable data. These are global codes used across all templates.
- Input: An individual piece of data merged into a document. Inputs can be merged automatically via Merge Tags or entered manually by a user in the Litify UI.
- Template: A document that contains user-input data and data merged using Merge Tags. One template can belong to multiple packets.
- Packet: A collection of templates that are generated together.
- Many Inputs & Merge Tags > one Template
- Many Templates > one Packet
Every packet is built using a collection of templates that have one common starting object. Starting objects enable access to fields and related lists for that particular object’s records, such as a matter. (Fields like: Incident Date, Court Address, and Party Name.) Once a starting object is selected, its inputs become available for that template to use with Merge Tags and manual entry in the Litify UI. All templates in a packet must have the same starting object.