Article Under Review: This article is currently under review. While it is being reviewed you may find that this article contains inaccurate or broken links and outdated images/gifs. We apologize for any confusion this causes and we hope to post an updated article soon. For any questions or concerns in the meantime, please reach out to your CSM.
Follow this guide to set up Litify Inbox in your Litify organization and Outlook. These steps enable all users to begin syncing emails, tasks, and records between Litify and Outlook.
1. Complete the Litify Inbox Provisioning Steps
- Download this questionnaire as a word document.
- Complete all the setup fields.
- Email email@example.com requesting a tenant space for the firm. Include the firm name in the email, and attach the completed Litify Inbox Provisioning Questionnaire version 4 to the email.
Within 72 business hours, Invisible will provision the tenant and provide the following:
- URL to install the Outlook sidebar add-in
- URL/login/password to the tenant space Litify Inbox administrative dashboard
You will not need to access the admin dashboard for most implementations. The administrative dashboard includes advanced setup features such as:
- Enabling Exchange impersonation
- Sync issues
- Connectivity issues
- Configuring multiple exchange servers within the same firm
If the implementation does require accessing the admin dashboard, contact Litify Partner Enablement for training and assistance
2. Request Advanced Calendaring for your organization
- Create a Salesforce Support Case via help.salesforce.com or partners.salesforce.com.
- Select Category: Feature Activation & Limits > Other Features.
- Request they activate Advanced Calendaring in your organization.
This article contains more information about this issue.
3. Litify Organization Configuration
- Log in to Litify.
- Select one of the following installation links:
- Select Install for All Users. A success message populates once complete.
- Add the Event Attendees component to the Event page.
- Navigate to your Calendar and select Create Event.
- Select Edit Page on the event via the gear icon in the upper-right corner.
- Locate the Event Attendees component in Custom - Managed components and drag it onto the page. Optionally, you can create a custom record page if you want to add this component to the sidebar.
- Uncheck the Search in Leads box.
- Save the page.
- Make the page active and assign it as the organization default layout.
- Make sure Enhanced Email is enabled in your Litify organization. Navigate to Setup > Enhanced Email > Enable.
4. Decide on deployment options
Use SmartCloud Connect’s decision matrix to select a deployment option.
Litify recommends using a soft-launch pilot program for a few admins and power users while you are customizing the tool to your specific needs. Your Litify Technical Account Manager (TAM) can assist you with this process.
5. Customize side panel according to your needs.
Configure the inbox side panel to include any functionality needed. Once complete, push all config updates to your Salesforce org.
- Any object you want to save emails/events to
- Any object you want to be able to create
- Any object that is referenced in a lookup field you want to include on a detail view for a different object (e.g., “Sources” lookup on Matters)
- Content Document (File) to allow saving Salesforce Files
- User to allow users to be selected as recipients of email templates
- Email Message to allow saving of enhanced emails to activity timeline
- Events and Tasks to allow display of Activity Timeline and to allow creation of these records
- Log in to Office 365.
- Open a received email > expand menu > scroll and select Litify Inbox > Open Litify Inbox.
- Expand the Litify Inbox menu and select Customization.
- Find the Objects in Litify Column. Enable checkboxes beside each item you wish to use. Selected items populate in the Objects in SmartCloud Connect column.
- Pin each added object. You can also drag each object to re-order the list.
6. Install Litify Outlook Add-In
You must be an Outlook Admin to complete these steps.
- Navigate to Admin in Office 365.
- Select the Admin centers dropdown and select Exchange.
- Find Organizations > select add-ins.
- Select the + dropdown > Add from URL.
- Input the URL provided by Litify.
- Select Install. Litify Inbox now appears on your addin-ins list.
- Ensure the USER DEFAULT column reads “Enabled.” Select Disabled > Optional > Enable by default.
7. Log In from Outlook Add-In to Litify
- Select New Message.
- Select the Litify icon > Open SmartCloud Connect.
- Select Connect to Salesforce.
- Input your Litify email and password.
- Select Allow Connection.
8. Connect Office 365 to Microsoft Exchange
- Log in to your Office 365 account.
- Navigate to Menu > Sync Settings.
- Find the Mail Server Connection Status tile and select Change > Microsoft Office 365. A login modal appears.
- Input your login and password to continue.
- Navigate to Dashboards and ensure Synchronization is enabled.
- Navigate to Sync Settings > Filters.
- Enable Calendar Sync.
9. Setup Docrio in Litify Inbox
Enable Docrio Integration in SmartCloud Connect using this SmartCloud Connect guide.
10. Additional considerations
SmartCloud Connect on Litify is configured by default for all users. Some considerations about user configuration:
- Only parties, intakes, and matters are suggested as relevant records when viewing an email or event.
- Two-way auto-sync is enabled for events between Outlook and Litify calendars.
- Sync between Outlook and Litify tasks and contacts is disabled.
- Email attachments are saved as Salesforce Files on both the Enhanced Email record and the parent record (e.g., a matter) to whose Activity Timeline that email is saved.