Admins can set fields as private by updating the field-level security.
Certain fields on intakes, matters, parties, and other objects contain sensitive information. Firms can choose to hide these fields from specific profiles so those users cannot see the fields and sensitive information.
How to Set Field Level-Security
For this example let's limit the Total Matter Value field visibility to certain profiles.
- Log in to Litify.
- Navigate to Setup > Object Manager.
- Find and select the matter object.
- Navigate to Fields & Relationships in the left sidebar.
- Search for the field whose visibility you want to limit. We're searching for the Total Matter Value field.
- Select the field name.
- On the field, select Edit Field-Level Security.
- On the Field-Level Security for Profile list, uncheck any profiles who should not have access to this field. Users who are assigned to the unchecked profiles will not be able to see this field on the page layout.