Admins can customize what fields are displayed in search results using the MDAPI. This helps differentiate between similar records (such as parties) by phone number, address, or other fields.
After the MDAPI is set up, you still must update the search layouts of objects you wish to customize.
Sandbox Setup Prerequisites
See the Set Up MDAPI in Sandbox guide if you are first testing these customizations in your Salesforce sandbox.
How to Set Up the MDAPI
1. Configure Remote Site, Connected App, & Auth Provider
- Log in to Litify.
- Add the following to your URL after .com: /apex/litify_pm__ConfigureMDAPI. You are directed to the page below.
- Select Configure on step one. This automatically completes the first step:
2. Set Consumer Key & Secret Key
- In a separate tab, navigate to Setup > App Manager.
- Scroll to the App named LitifyMDAPI.
- Select the Dropdown > View.
- Find the area labeled API (Enable OAuth Settings).
- Copy the a Consumer Key and Consumer Secret.
- Navigate to Setup > Auth. Providers.
- Scroll to LitifyMDAPI.
- Select Edit.
- Enter the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret in the corresponding fields.
- Return to the /apex/litify_pm__ConfigureMDAPI page and it will complete the rest of the automated setup.
3. Configure Scopes & Named Credential
- Navigate to Setup > Named Credentials.
- Find LitifyMDAPI.
- Select Edit.
- Ensure that the Start Authentication Flow on Save checkbox is checked, which it should be by default.
- Important Note: If you get an error stating this or something similar (error=invalid_client_id&error_description=client%20identifier%20invalid) after saving, you simply have to wait a few minutes for the Auth Provider to complete setup. Wait a few minutes then refresh the page, then click Save again to continue.
- You will be redirected to the Salesforce login page. Log in using your Litify credentials.
- Select Allow to grant access.
Setup is now complete. All steps at /apex/litify_pm__ConfigureMDAPI should now have checkmarks.