Admins can import matter records (and their matter plans) into Litify. You must already have imported your party records before importing matters.This guide uses Salesforce's Data Loader web application.
How to Import Matters
- Create a CSV file containing all of the fields and data you want to import to Litify. This should include matter plan fields if you intend to update them (see next section).
- Open Data Loader. This guide uses the Data Loader desktop app.
- Log in to your Salesforce org.
- Select New Task > Import.
- Select Update, and select the Matter object.
- Select Next.
- Select the CSV.
- Map the fields. Examples:
- For Intake ID, select the Primary Intake field
- For Party ID, select the Client field
- For Case Type and Matter Plan, click Lookup via, and select Case Type Name and Matter Plan Name
- Select Next.
- Run the import.
- Check for your successful import, then locate the matters in your Litify org.
How to Update Matter Plans & Stages
You can update a matter's matter plan and stage after importing all matter records.
- Export the Stage records (litify_pm__Matter_Stage_Activity__c) for the matters you want to edit.
- Find the rows that you want to fix. The field litify_pm_Matter__c in the exported CSV will be the record ID of a specific Matter. You can use that, or the “Name” field in the CSV, to identify the relevant rows.
- For the relevant records, change the value of the field litify_pm__stage_status__c from “Active” to “Idle” and save the CSV. In this simple example, let's change the active stage on a single matter. This matter has four stages and we want to update the active stage:
- Set the desired stage to “Active” for those records.
- Run an update using Data Loader and this file, matching only the record ID and litify_pm__stage_status__c fields.
- Navigate to one of the Matters to confirm that the relevant Stage is no longer marked as Active. In this video, we refresh a matter after updating the stage via this process. The stage successfully changed.