The Global Images tab acts as an image library where users can upload images to be used across the entire Docrio platform.
How to Upload a Global Image
- Search for and launch the Docrio Document Generation app using the Application Launcher.
- From the Global Images tab, click Add New Image.
- Name your new image in the Input Name box provided.
- Please note that this name will become what the input tag is titled.
- Click Add Image File.
- This will open an Explorer/Finder window where you can search your computer for the image you wish to upload.
- Find the image on your computer and select it.
- Click Save.
- The Image Input ID will populate on the left side of the screen.
- On the right half of the screen, select the Merge Tags tab.
- Here is where you will find the input tag for the global image that you've just created.
- Use the clipboard icon to copy the input tag.
- You can also click the Download Tags File button to download a CSV file containing the prompt, input name, purpose (if entered), and merge tag for each item in your Global Images library.
- After uploading a file, you can also click the Replace Image File or Download Image File buttons to perform their respective actions.
Adding a Global Image to an Existing Template
Once you've created your image Merge Tag, you need to add the input tag for the image to your template within Docrio, as well as your template file.
- From the Template Builder tab, click the Edit Template button and locate your existing template.
- From the Input tab, select Add Existing Input.
- A modal will appear listing all existing inputs within your org.
- Using the modal that appears, locate the global image that you wish to add to your template and click Add Input.
- There is a drop down on the top left of the modal where you can refine the list of inputs. Select Global Image from this list to only display items from your Global Images library.
- All image inputs added to a template automatically have all of their settings defaulted to "Hidden" from end users during merge. The rest of the settings on an input are greyed out, and can not be changed.
- Update your template file by adding the image input tag where you would like the image to be on your document.
- Upload the new template file as the Source File on the Template Tab.
- Any packets previously built that include the newly updated template, will now have the image during merge.
- Any new packets built with this new template will have the image during merge.
- For more guidance on managing templates and adding input tags, please see our Docrio Template Builder Walkthrough.