DocAssign allows Docrio users to easily bulk upload documents into Docrio, parse and assign them to the necessary record. Users no longer need to know the record ahead of time. This is particularly great for organizations that scan and want to process inbound mail and letters.
DocAssign is a feature associated with the Docrio Desktop app, and you will need to install that app on your machine in order to use it. For more information about installing and using the app, check out our Docrio Desktop App User Guide.
Initial Setup of DocAssign
- Install the Docrio Desktop App—the latest release can be found here.
- Open the Docrio Desktop App by clicking the icon in your computer's program tray.
- Toggle to the settings tab. Make sure you have Production selected from the environment dropdown, and click Login.
- If you're already logged into your Salesforce or Litify account you'll be logged in automatically. Otherwise, please log into your org using your credentials.
- Once you're logged in, navigate to the section in the settings tab titled DocAssign Local Folder Selection.
- When you click Change a dialog box will open and prompt you to select the folder you want to use for DocAssign sync.
- Any files in this folder will sync directly to your DocAssign tab in Salesforce and Litify.
- There is an additional setting titled DocAssign Local File Settings, where you can specify what happens to the file once it has been uploaded to DocAssign.
- If you check the box, the file will be deleted from your computer once it has been uploaded to DocAssign. If the box is left unchecked, the file will remain on your computer.
Configuring Columns for DocAssign
- Search for and click Docrio Admin Settings within the app launcher. Alternatively, you can click Docrio Admin Settings from within the Docrio app.
- Select Views and Columns from the menu on the left, under the heading DocAssign Settings.
- Here you can pick the columns which will show up on the DocAssign tab.
- These columns help users assign each file to the correct record.
- These columns default to the views and columns used within Docrio, but can be replaced using the trash can to delete a column and the plus sign to add a new one.
- Please note: File Name and Related To cannot be removed.
- Click the + sign under Add Column to add a new column.
- Place file(s) into the folder you've selected and configured as your DocAssign folder on the settings tab of the Docrio desktop app.
- After placing files in this location they will begin to sync.
- You can see the progress of the files syncing on the DocAssign tab of the extension app, as well as a history of what you have previously uploaded.
- The history tab will clear when a user logs out of the app.
- Open DocAssign within Docrio, or by searching for it in the App Launcher within Litify.
- The Unassigned tab in DocAssign shows all of the files across your organization which have been uploaded via the DocAssign extension app.
- There are tabs for My Files and All Files.
- The My Files tab will show only files the logged in user uploaded through DocAssign.
- The All Files tab will show files uploaded by all users through DocAssign.
- When you click the eye icon on the right, a preview of the file will show along with the File Info and File History tabs.
- Users can rename files if necessary. The name of the file which initially appears in DocAssign will be the name of the file when it was put into the DocAssign folder.
- In order to assign files to a record, the Related To field must be filled in. You can click this field and search the default object, or click on the blue box and arrow to pick a record from a different object.
- Once a record has been selected, the file is ready to be assigned. If there are more columns present, such as Category, Subcategory, or Parent Folder those can be filled out as well, but are not required.
- To assign a file, click the arrow on the far right at the end of the row. This will send the file to the record specified.
DocAssign Assigned Tab
Once a file has been assigned to a record, it will be removed from the Unassigned Tab and placed on the Assigned Tab. Files will appear on the Assigned Tab for 24 hours.
Files can not be unassigned once they have been assigned to a record. However, from the Assigned Tab you can click Related To and it will take you directly to the record. From there a file can be moved.
If there are multiple files within DocAssign which belong to the same record they can be bulk assigned.
- Check the box to the left of File Name for each file you want to assign to the same record.
- After multiple files have been checked, the Related To column will un-gray. Pick the Object and Record which the files belong to.
- Once Related To has been filled out, additional columns—such as Category, Subcategory or Parent Folder—will un-gray as well.
- Once you've made your selections, click the copy icon next to each section, which will copy your values to each individual file row.
- After all details have been filled out for your files, the Assign button on the top right of DocAssign will be clickable.
- When you click Assign, all of the files checked off will be assigned to the record you specified.