Article Under Review: This article is currently under review. While it is being reviewed you may find that this article contains inaccurate or broken links and outdated images/gifs. We apologize for any confusion this causes and we hope to post an updated article soon. For any questions or concerns in the meantime, please reach out to your CSM.
Litify Inbox powered by SmartCloud Connect makes it easy for everyone at your firm to keep their Outlook email and calendars in perfect sync with Litify.
Users can save emails to relevant matters, parties, or intakes, and ensure that all emails in that thread will be automatically brought into Litify as well. Email attachments come in with the email — save them as files on can be imported to the relevant record(s) or tie SmartCloud in to SpringCM for Litify.
Your SmartCloud sidebar automatically suggests records based on the email addresses in a thread, making it easy to save emails and files to the right places.
Two-way sync of calendar events
Litify Inbox supports two-way calendar sync of events between Outlook and Litify. Your users’ calendars will be available and accurate wherever they look — new events and edits made in either location show up in both Litify and Outlook.
• Add Events on Your Litify and Outlook Calendars
• Associating Events Created in Outlook with Litify Records
Full support for multiple attendees
Litify Inbox users can invite multiple attendees to one event, and see the full list of attendees in both Litify and Outlook.
• Invite Multiple Attendees to an Event on Your Outlook Calendar
Litify Inbox Sidebar
The Litify Inbox Sidebar contains suggested records, records where an email has been saved, and a search for locating any record in your synced Litify organization. The sidebar makes it easy create records and save emails to any record.
• Search for Additional Records with the Litify Inbox Sidebar
• Create a Record with the Litify Inbox Sidebar
Save emails to suggested records
On every email or email thread, the Litify Inbox sidebar displays suggested records based on the email addresses in the thread:
• For Matters, Litify Inbox shows Matters where the Client Party’s primary email address is on the email somewhere (e.g., To, From, CC, BCC). Matters with a status of “Closed” are not suggested. Users can still search for these records individually.
• For Intakes, Litify Inbox shows Intakes where the Client Party’s primary email address is on the email somewhere (e.g., To, From, CC, BCC). Intakes with a status of “Turned Down,” “Referred Out,” or “Converted” are not suggested. Users can still search for these records individually.
• Additionally, if a direct link to a Litify record is included in the email, that record will be suggested in the sidebar. This applies only to records whose objects are included in the sidebar configuration, such as parties, intakes, and matters.
• Save an Email to Litify with Litify Inbox
• Auto-Save an email thread to Litify
This image displays the dropdown list of suggested records on an email.
Setup and configuration
• Admin Setup Guide for Litify Inbox - administrators will follow this guide to set up your Litify organization and Outlook Add-In.
• User Setup Guide for Litify Inbox - users will follow this guide to log in and enable email sync between Litify Inbox and your Litify organization.
• Determine Activities Sync Settings - Litify Inbox includes settings that determine how calendar events and emails sync with Litify. This guide defines each setting.
• Maintain Your SmartCloud on Litify Connection - If your Litify or Microsoft Exchange passwords change, or your Outlook authorization expires, you must renew the connection between Outlook and Litify.
• Recommended Litify Inbox Sidebar Settings - Suggested settings on the Litify Inbox sidebar.