Welcome to Litify Matters. Follow this guide to learn about the basic processes on our matters platform. Read each step and click each link for more detailed information, then proceed to the next step. The links direct you to different parts of this Success Community.
Litify Matters gives you the tools to organize matter plans, create matter tasks, keep track of time entries, and work on cases from beginning to end. Begin managing cases on Litify Matters today.
This 14-step guide covers:
• Litify Matters Overview
• Logging in to Litify
• Litify Search Bar
• Litify Navigation Tabs
• Matters List View
• Matter Record Page
• Litify Actions
• Litify Docs
• Matter Plans
• Matter Tasks
• Matter Teams
Note: Some of the information or images in this guide may differ from your org depending on your org's configuration.
1. First, read the Introduction to Litify and Litify Matters Overview for information about our matters platform.
2. Next, log in to Litify to get started on Litify Matters. After logging in you will be directed to the Home tab.
3. Search bar: Search your organization using the Search Salesforce bar at the top of the page. Use this search bar to locate matters you are working on, parties, or anything else in your org. For best practices, use the search bar to search parties before creating a new party and matter.
4. Tabs: On this page, you'll also find the main navigational tabs on the toolbar. Each tab is a link that directs you to a list of records of that type. The home tab contains dashboards, reports, events, tasks, and recent items. The Tasks tab contains your tasks. The Parties tab contains your parties. The Matters tab contains all the matters you can access. The Support tab directs you to the Litify Success Community.
Click the dropdown arrow on the matters tab to create a new matter, view a list of recent matter, and view a selection of recent list views. These links allow you to quickly access recent areas.
5. Click the Matters tab to navigate to the list view of all matters assigned to you.
On this page you can:
• Create a new list view to see a different list of matters.
• Create a new matter with the new button in the upper-right corner.
• Edit matters inline. See Salesforce documents for considerations about inline editing.
6. Matter page: Click any matter to view its information and work on it. The matter record page contains all information you have added to the matter. The details tab includes: Details, Matter Information, and any other information you add to your page layout. Locate stages in the matter plan, documents, the matter team, questionnaires, time entries, and related lists on the matter page as well.
Administrators can edit page layouts to determine the exact fields displayed on the matter.
7. Activities: While on the matter in step 6, locate the Activities section on the right. In this section, you can add Events, Tasks, and Calls to this matter. Every event, task, and call you add to the matter appears on the Activity Timeline. View Salesforce documentation about Activities.
8. Litify Actions: Litify Actions allow you to quickly perform specific actions that update fields and streamline the matters process on Litify. Locate the Litify Actions component on the right side of the matter. See the Litify Actions Overview for complete information.
9. Questionnaires: Questionnaires are the primary tool for gathering important information about cases. Read the Questionnaire Overview for introductory information, then read additional Questionnaire articles to learn more about this powerful tool.
10. Roles: Use parties to add important roles to a matter. Roles include any important business or individual involved in a case: family members, attorneys, witnesses, insurance companies, and anything else. Read the Overview of Roles for complete information.
11. Parties: Party records populate roles. Create party records for important businesses and individuals involved with matters. Read the Overview of Parties for complete information.
12. Matter Plans: Matter plans allow you to create and organize stages to structure the processes of your matter teams and tasks. Stages include matter tasks.
• Read the Matter Plans Overview for initial information.
• Create matter plans for case types your firm handles.
13. Matter Tasks: Add matter tasks to matter plans to predetermine the important tasks necessary in every case. Or, add tasks to plans to customize them to fit the needs of each case.
• Add default matter tasks to matter plans to predetermine the tasks that users must complete on plans.
• Add a matter task to a matter stage when you're working on matter plans.
14. Matter Teams: Create default matter teams to predetermine the users and roles each matter requires.
• Read the Overview of Matter Teams for initial information.
• Create a Default Matter Team to establish your matter team processes on Litify.
Check out the other articles in the Litify Matters section for complete information. Create a matter is a good place to start.