Create custom profiles to tailor your User settings to your firm's exact needs. Many firms choose to clone Litify's default profiles and edit them to fit their user-management processes. Litify's default profiles are Litify Standard User and Litify Power User.
Important: you must give Users permission to edit Account, Contact, and Role objects through Profiles, so make sure your custom profiles include access to these objects. You cannot grant access to these objects with permission sets.
1. Click the cog in the upper right corner > select Setup.
2. In the Quick Find Box, search for Profiles.
3. The Profiles page displays all of your available profiles. Click New Profile to create a new profile. Alternatively, many administrators choose to clone Litify Power User or Litify Standard User and edit them rather than build a new profile.
4. To clone a default profile, click Litify Standard User. The Litify Standard User page displays the entirety of this profile's access across Litify. Click Clone to copy this profile and edit it.
5. Name your custom profile in the Profile Name field > Save.
6. Now you can edit your custom profile to fit your firm's exact needs. For example, some firms choose to expand permissions for this profile on custom objects, or to limit them.
a. Click Edit and edit this profile as necessary. You can determine Field-Level Security, Tab Settings, Record Type Settings, Standard Object Permissions, Custom Object Permissions, and other areas.
Note: make sure to grant access to Accounts, Contacts, and Roles objects to a profile.