This guide shows you how to import intakes and determine the information you want to add to the intake during the import process. Make sure you import parties before importing intakes. After completing this guide, you will be able to import matters and reference these intakes in the Primary Intake field.
1. Create a CSV file containing every field you want to add to the new parties you are creating. Required fields include:
• Client: Use the Party ID generated in the Party Report we created in part one of this guide. Or reference the Client's name exactly.
• Case Type: Reference one of the LRN case types, or create a custom case type.
• Status: Set the status as Converted if you are importing matters connected to these intakes. If not, you do not need to reference this field. All intakes imported without referencing the Status field will be automatically set to Open.
• Created At: Optionally set the created at date with this format: 02/20/2015T12:04:12.000GMT+01:00
Example of a spreadsheet:
2. Open Data Loader. This guide uses the Data Loader desktop app.
3. Log in to your Salesforce org.
4. Click New Task > Import.
5. Select Insert, and select the Intake object.
6. Click Next.
7. Select the CSV you created in step one.
8. Select the mapping.
• Map the Party ID information to the Client field.
• Map the Case Type Lookup via Case Type Name.
9. Click Next.
10. Click Save & Run.
11. Click Run.
12. Look for your successful insert. Locate your new intakes in Litify to verify that all information is correct.
Create an Intakes Today report and export it
Create a report to quickly locate the Intake ID of your new intake records. You will use use the IDs to populate the Primary Intake field when importing matters.
13. Create a report on the Intake object that references all intakes created today. Add the Intake ID field. Then export the report and copy the Intake IDs.
Import Matters with Matter Plans