Importing parties is the first step before importing intakes and matters. Import parties first to ensure that you have parties to populate Client fields on intakes and matters. Follow this guide to create a CSV file containing the fields you want populate, then use Data Loader to import parties.
1. Create a CSV file containing every field you want to add to the new parties you are creating. Required fields include:
• First Name
• Last Name
• Party Name
Additional optional fields:
• Record Type. Use this is if you are importing Litify Business party records. If you do not set this field, all imported parties will be set as Litify Individuals.
• Date of Birth
• Social Security Number
• Billing Address contains these fields: Billing Street, Billing City, Billing State, Billing Zip Code
• You might also want to add the Created At date to include the actual date you created the party. If you do not include this field, the Created At date will reflect the date you import the parties. Note: this field must be in this format: 02/20/2015T12:04:12.000GMT+01:00.
2. Open Data Loader. This guide uses the Data Loader web application.
3. Log in to your Salesforce org.
4. Click New Task > Import.
5. Select Insert, and select the Party object.
6. Click Next.
7. Choose the CSV file you created in step 1. Click Next.
8. Map the values in your CSV to the appropriate fields in Litify.
9. Your fields will look like this. Click Next.
10. Click Next.
11. Click Save & Run.
12. Click Run.
13. Look for your successful insert. Locate your new parties in Litify.
Create a Parties Today report and export it
Create a report to quickly locate the Party ID of your new party records. You will use these IDs when importing intakes.
14. Create a report on the Party object that references all parties created today. Add the Party ID field.
15. Export the report. Copy the Party IDs and add them to a new spreadsheet. We'll use this in step two of this process, importing converted intakes.