Administrators can deactivate a User at any time. Deactivated Users still appear among your Users, but they do not have access to anything on your org and they are unable to log in to Salesforce.
Freeze a User's account before deactivating if the User is thoroughly involved in hierarchies and sharing, as it will take more time to deactivate them. This will keep the user from logging in while you complete the deactivation process. You will not lose this User's records.
Note: You cannot completely delete a User from your org. Deactivation is the only way to remove a User's access to your org.
- Click the cog in the upper right corner > Select Setup.
- In the Quick Find Box, search for Users > Click.
- On the All Users page, locate the User you are removing from your firm > Click their name.
- On the User's page, click Edit.
- Uncheck the Active checkbox > Click Save.
Note: Deactivating Users removes them from all groups and sharing privileges. You can still transfer a User's records to an active User.
- After deactivating the User, remove them from your Litify license to make the license available for another User.
Review Salesforce documentation for additional information.