In Litify Party Settings, you can disable the email matching rules in the Intakes API. This allows you to add multiple intakes with parties that have the same email address via the Intakes API.
By default, API matching rules merge two parties with the same email. We have a built-in duplicate check for submissions that have the same email address as existing party records. If there is a matching party in your system when you post a new intake, it will upsert that record instead of creating a new record.
To disable email matching rules, you must first Disable the Standard Account Duplicate Rule and Standard Contact Duplicate Rule.
- Navigate to Setup > Duplicate Rules > Standard Account Duplicate Rule.
- Click the Standard Account Duplicate Rule and Standard Contact Duplicate Rule and click Deactivate on each of them.
Change email matching rules settings:
- Visit Litify Setup via the App Launcher.
- Click Party Settings.
- Click the toggle to turn this setting on or off.
- On: email matching rules are disabled.
- Off: API email matching rules are enabled.
You can now import intakes with parties that have the same email address as existing parties.