Litify automatically populates the Display Name fields on both Intakes and Matters, using the following data:
- [Client Name] | [Numerical Month of Incident Date]/[Numerical Year of Incident Date] | [Case Type]
Some firms prefer to use their own custom naming convention for the Display Name fields, using other methods of automation (such as flows or workflows).
Here is how to disable the native Litify automation for these fields:
- Open the Salesforce setup menu and click Setup
- In the Quick Find box in the lefthand column, type "metadata"
- Click Custom Metadata Types
- Find the row for Apex Configuration, and click Manage Records in that row
- Click the New button
- Name the new record exactly as follows:
Label: Trigger Settings
Apex Configuration Name: Trigger_Settings
- Click Save
- Click the Edit button, and uncheck the following checkbox:
- Click Save
Note on upgrade paths
The trigger which automatically populates the Display Name fields was introduced with Litify v19.9002. The ability to disable this trigger was introduced with Litify v21.1.
Firms upgrading from a version of Litify starting with v19.9002 to v21.1 (or newer) will have the naming trigger enabled by default, to reflect the behavior they expect.
Firms upgrading from a version of Litify prior to v19.9002 to v21.1 (or newer) will have the naming trigger disabled by default, to reflect the behavior they are used to.