Merge Links can help to make the document merge process more flexible. Once you have a Merge Link from a packet you can use it to create links or buttons that can be placed on various pages around Litify.
Merge Link Setup
Retrieving Merge Link URL
Once you’ve built and saved a packet you will have the option to copy the Merge Link URL. This URL can be used to create buttons or links within Litify to initiate a merge.
Here is an example of what the URL looks like:
- The URL DOES NOT include record ID’s.
- Wherever the button or link is placed a record ID will need to be passed in.
Creating a Merge Button
For this example, the Merge Button will be placed on the top right of the Matter page within the highlight panel.
- Click the gear icon and launch the Setup menu.
- Search for and open the Object Manager.
- From the Object Manager, select the Object where you would like the button to appear.
- For our example we’ve selected Matter.
- Click on Buttons, Links, and Actions and click New Button on the page that appears.
- Fill out the fields near the top of the page depending on where the button will go and how you want it to behave.
- Label: This is what your button will be called.
- Name: Should auto-populate based on the Label
- Description: Helpful text to explain what this new button will be used for.
- Display Type: Set based on intended button placement. View the examples to get a better understanding of which option to choose.
- Behavior: The intended behavior of what will happen when the new button is clicked.
- Content Source: What is being placed behind the button. For our example, since we retrieved the merge link from within DocGen, our source is a URL.
- Paste the link you copied from the Template Builder (Merge Link URL) under Automerge for settlement summary (Text).
- Click Save.
Updating Page Layout
Once the button has been created, it has to be added to the page layout.
- Go to Setup. Search for App Builder and select Lightning App Builder.
- Within the Lightning App Builder, locate the page you want to add the Auto-merge button to and click Edit next to it.
- Within the edit view, click into the Highlight Panel.
- Check off the box for Enable Dynamic Actions.
- This will create an Actions heading right below Enable Dynamic Actions.
- Under the Actions heading, click Add Actions. The previously created button for the merge action can be found in this actions list. Search for it, select it, and click Done.
- In our example we’ve added the Settlement Summary button.
- Once you have added the desired Actions, click Save near the top-right of the page.
- Navigate to the page where you added the Auto-merge button and confirm that it is there. Clicking the Auto-merge button should initiate an Auto-merge.
Configuring Auto-merge Templates
Auto-merge takes the Merge functionality one step further, by enabling merges to be performed without user interaction. One thing to keep in mind, is that Bulk Merges will only work if all templates are set to Auto-merge pull information automatically.
For any Template you wish to enable Auto-merge:
- Locate that template within the Template Builder.
- Check the Auto-merge box.