SETUP INSTRUCTIONS FOR WORK SMARTER RELEASE
June 5, 2018
Follow each of these setup instructions when installing the Work Smarter Release. These will allow you to use the new features.
Upgrade Your Org
Add Queued Value on the Referral Object
Set Up MDAPI Access
Set Up New Fields in Role Component Party Lookup
Set Up Calendar Rules
Deactivate CalendarRules Processes
Configure Event Record Types
Optional: Change Your Matter Layout to the Work Smarter Layout
Add Permission to Access New Litify Setup Tab
Set Up Task Sets
Add Two Fields to the Default Matter Task and Task Page Layouts
Optional: Change the Settings Tab in the Litify Setup App
Optional: Add the All Tasks tab to custom apps
New URL Format
You must be a system administrator to upgrade your org.
1. Upgrade your org using the installation link on the Latest Release page.
2. Once you have accessed the link, the Salesforce Packaging Setup screen loads.
You have three options:
• Install only for admins
• Install for all users
• Install for specific profiles
a. Select Install only for admins. Install for admins only and grant access to all other users with permission sets.
Why? Now that Litify uses Permission Sets we can remove a lot of work to configure your upgraded org for your users. Whenever you assign a permission set to a user, it allows us to give that user required permissions for new features without your admin configuring the new permissions to each user's profile. For this reason, you should no longer install Litify updates for all users, but only the Admin user. We'll take care of the rest, and alert you in these notes if additional setup instructions are needed.
Note: When you install only for admins, you must grant all of your users permission sets so they can use Litify: About Litify Permission Sets and Manage Permission Set Assignments. For best practices, we suggest you grant users access to new objects through profiles as well.
b. Click Upgrade. The “Upgrading and granting access to all users” window opens.
Note: You will see this image when installing. This pertains to Litify's new integration with CalendarRules. We do not share any data with CalendarRules. This third-party access allows us to retrieve data from CalendarRules.
c. This message might appear: "This app is taking a long time to upgrade." If this occurs, click Done and wait for the automated email from Salesforce that tells you the upgrade is complete. The "Package Litify Install Successful" email verifies that you updated your org.
To further verify that you successfully updated your org, go to Setup, then search for Installed Packages. Locate Litify in your installed packages. You've successfully updated your org.
Note: If you have already added this value, you do not need to complete this step.
Add the new QUEUED value on the Sync Status (litify_pm__sync_status__c) field on the referral object. This status is used for referrals that are in the process of being sent. This status is used internally by the system to prevent duplicates. Add this value to make sure your referral sync works properly.
1. Add the new QUEUED value on the Sync Status field on the referral object. Navigate to Object Manager > Referral > Fields & Relationships > Sync Status.
2. Scroll down to Values. Click New.
2. Add QUEUED. Important note: make sure this value is spelled correctly or else it will not work and the LRN sync will not function well.
3. Select both Incoming Referral and Outgoing Referral record types to apply this change. Click Save.
In this release, we let you leverage the fields you want in Search Results when adding parties on roles. For example, when you're adding a party as a role on the Roles component, you can now add fields to differentiate between two parties with the same name. This opens the door to much better customization all across Litify.
1. Add this to your URL after .com: /apex/litify_pm__ConfigureMDAPI
Copy this extension exactly as it appears above and paste it in your organization to avoid issues. There are two underscores directly after the "pm," which might cause an issue if you do not copy and paste this directly.
You will be directed to this page:
Note, if you enter the URL incorrectly, you will see this page. If you see this, make sure you copy the extension exactly as it appears above.
2. Hit the Configure button all the way to the right of the first step. This automatically completes the first step:
3. For step 2, you are prompted to refer to this setup instruction.
4. Duplicate your tab to open an identical tab, then remove /apex/litify_pm__ConfigureMDAPI from the second tab so you have an easy way to navigate between your organization setup and the MDAPI configure window. In the new tab, go to Setup > App Manager and scroll to the App named LitifyMDAPI. On the right-hand side is a dropdown button. Click it and then click the View link.
5. In the area labeled API (Enable OAuth Settings) on the top line will be a Consumer Key and Consumer Secret (you need to click the link by Consumer Secret to see the actual value). Copy both values to use in the next step.
6. Go to Setup > Auth. Providers and scroll to the Auth. Provider named LitifyMDAPI. Click Edit.
7. Enter the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret in the corresponding fields. Click Save.
8. Return to the /apex/litify_pm__ConfigureMDAPI page and refresh the page to complete the rest of the automated setup. At this point there's one more manual step, and again it says to refer to these instructions.
9. Go to Setup > Named Credentials and locate LitifyMDAPI and click the Edit link.
10. Ensure that the Start Authentication Flow on Save checkbox is checked, which it should be by default.
11. Click Save.
Important Note: If you get an error stating this or something similar (error=invalid_client_id&error_description=client%20identifier%20invalid) after clicking save, you simply have to wait a few minutes for the Auth Provider to complete setup. Wait a few minutes then refresh the page, then click Save again to continue.
12. You will be redirected to the Salesforce login page. Log in using your Litify credentials.
13. upon logging in, you will be asked if you want to Allow Access. Click the blue Allow button.
14. Finally, visit /apex/litify_pm__ConfigureMDAPI and refresh the page once more to complete the setup.
Follow the next step to set up new fields in party search results.
Note: Complete this step after setting up MDAPI access in the previous step.
You can now add the Email, Mobile Phone, and any custom fields to the search layout on parties. This will help you distinguish between parties with the same name when adding parties as roles on intakes and matters.
1. Add values to the party object. Navigate to Object Manager > Party > Search Layouts > Search Results. Click Edit in the dropdown arrow to the right.
2. Add Email and Mobile Phone and any custom fields to Party Search Results with the Add button. Save your changes.
CalendarRules integration is an add-on feature that requires a subscription with Calendar Rules. Contact Calendar Rules to get pricing information and subscribe. Follow this guide to set up calendar rules on Litify Matters after you have subscribed to your jurisdiction(s).
This step is for firms that do not plan to use CalendarRules. With the Work Smarter release, we introduced the new CalendarRules feature. This feature includes many Process Builders that are necessary to automate processes only for using CalendarRules. Deactivate these Process Builders if you do not intend to use CalendarRules.
1. Navigate to Setup > Process Builder.
2. In the list of Processes, locate all CalendarRules Processes and deactivate them. This is the list:
• Create Event Log Junction on Calendar Rule Trigger Create
• Create Event Log Junction on Event Create
• Create Log for Calendar Rule Event
• Create Log on Trigger Update
• Update Calendar Rule Trigger Children
3. Click each process name, then click Deactivate. Click Confirm in the popup window. The status of all of the above processes should now say Inactive.
We introduced record types for events. That means your Global Actions to create new events do not reference the new default record type called Default. To fix this, check and make sure the Global Action you are using on your intake, matter, party, or any other page layout is using the standard Salesforce New Event global action, and not the packaged Global Action Litify with the same name. That's because you can't edit the Litify New Event Global Action, and you can edit the Salesforce New Event Global Action.
Once you place the correct New Event global action your page layouts, you must modify it to create events with the Default record type. To do this: Setup > Global Actions > New Event (Salesforce, not the one with that icon) > Record Type = Default. Follow these steps to ensure record types and Global Actions are set up for your organization:
1. Navigate to every profile in your organization and ensure that Default is the Assigned Record Type and the Default Record Type for Events. This makes sure users don't face issues when using the new record type.
Navigate to Setup > Profiles > Events and check Default as the Assigned Record Type.
Note: If your firm is using CalendarRules, also enable the Calendar Rules record type. In this image, we're not enabling the Calendar Rules record type because this firm is not using CalendarRules:
2. Replace Global Actions on layouts for matters, intakes, and parties with the Salesforce “New Event” Global Action. On every page layout, search for the New Event action, remove the Litify managed New Event action, and replace it with the standard New Event action.
a. The Litify managed New Event action is named: litify_pm__NewEvent as seen in this image. Remove this action on every page layout.
b. Remove the Litify New Event and add the standard New Event. Complete this for every page layout where the New Event action is used.
3. Edit the SF standard “New Event” Global Action to reference the “Default” Event Record Type. Navigate to Setup > Global Actions > New Event (unmanaged) > Edit.
Tip: the unmanaged New Event is the event without the blue down arrow next to it.
4. Make sure Default is selected in Record Type and click save.
5. Modify any other quick actions which create Events to reference the “Default” Event Record Type.
We're releasing a new layout for matters called the Work Smarter Release Page Layout to help your users access new features. It contains all new features, including important related lists and components related to our CalendarRules integration.
1. Navigate to Setup > Object Manager > Matter.
2. In the left sidebar, click Page Layouts.
3. In the upper-right corner, click Page Layout Assignment.
4. Click Edit Assignment.
5. Select all Profiles to which you want to assign the new layout. Click Save.
CalendarRules Settings and Mass Reassigning User and Tasks on Matter Teams settings are both stored in a new Settings tab. Add permission to access this tab in the profiles that need access to these features. Additionally, remove access to the old tab, which is now called Settings (deprecated).
Note: The Power User permission set contains access to this tab.
1. Navigate to each Profile, then access Custom Tab Settings.
a. Make sure the Settings (Deprecated) tab is set to Tab Hidden.
b. Make sure the Settings tab is set to Default On.
Change the page layout on the Matter Stage to Matter Stage Layout V2.
1. Navigate to Object Manager > Matter Stage > Page Layouts > Page Layout Assignment. Click Edit Assignment.
2. Select the profiles whose users create matter plans, stages, and task sets, then select Matter Stage Layout V2.
3. Click Save.
Add the Repeat This Task and Repeat Interval fields to the Default Matter Task object page layout. These fields allow you to set the tasks to repeat when building default matter tasks and editing tasks on matter plans.
1. Navigate to Setup > Object Manager > Default Matter Task.
2. Click Page Layouts in the left sidebar.
3. Locate the Repeat Interval and Repeat This Task fields. Drag them both onto the page layout in the information section, then Save the page layout.
4. Repeat this process again on the task object in Object Manager. Add the Repeat This Task, Recurrence Interval, Create Recurring Series of Tasks, and Reminder Set fields to the Task object layout. These will allow you to set active tasks already added on a matter plan to repeat, as well as set reminders when editing tasks on a matter plan.
This step is only for firms whose organizations were cloned from the TSO. These firms can edit the custom Litify Setup app to add the new Settings tab and remove the deprecated Settings tab. Other firms will not be able to edit the Litify Setup app.
1. Navigate to Setup > App Manager > Litify Setup custom app > Edit. Note: your apps will differ from the apps in this image.
2. In Select Items, remove Settings (deprecated) and add Settings. Click Save. This grants you access to the new Settings tab.
The All Tasks tab is included in the managed Litify Matters app by default. Add this tab to custom apps with this setup step.
1. Navigate to Setup > App Manager and locate your custom app. Click the dropdown arrow and click Edit.
2. In Select Items, locate the All Tasks tab with the green checkmark and add it to Selected Items. Click Save.
The upcoming Salesforce release includes updates to a new URL format. You must enable this in your org. Navigate to Setup > Critical Updates. Select "Enable the New URL Format for Lightning Experience and the Salesforce Mobile App."
Read this article for more information.