Bulk Merge allows you to generate documents for many clients at the same time. This can be especially helpful if you reuse the same templates for similar situations (like distributing new client paperwork). This guide outlines how to create and execute a Bulk Merge within Docrio.
- Bulk Merge only works with Auto-merge Templates—Templates with inputs which don't require any user interaction.
- Bulk Merge is also permission based. In order for users to take advantage of this feature, their account will need to be granted the correct permissions via the File Actions section of the Docrio Admin Settings page.
- Bulk Merge only works with 100 records at a time.
Configuring Auto-merge Templates and Packets
Bulk Merge works by merging groups of Templates (also called Packets) to several clients at once. But prior to creating or executing a Bulk Merge, you need to make sure that the Templates and Packets it will use are configured correctly. To do this, ensure that the Auto-merge box is checked on the Templates (found in the Template Builder) you want to use in a Bulk Merge. For more information on enabling Auto-merge in templates, see our dedicated article.
If any Templates added to the Bulk Merge do not have Auto-merge enabled, the Bulk Merge will fail and produce an error.
Create a Bulk Merge
Once your Templates and Packets are properly configured, you’re ready to create your Bulk Merge.
- Launch Docrio and click Bulk Merge.
- Click the New Bulk Merge Job tab.
- Fill out the fields accordingly.
- Bulk Merge Job Name: Something easily identifiable.
- Bulk Merge Job ID: For this you can use a numbering system that is unique to your company and easily identifiable. This number is also displayed on the history tab and will be needed to identify the merge.
- Starting Object: This is a picklist and MUST match the starting object of the templates you want to merge.
- After selecting an item under Starting Object you’ll notice that the Add Packet option under Bulk Merge Contents becomes available. This option allows you to pick an existing Packet to be used in your Bulk Merge.
Build a Bulk Merge CSV
- Download the example CSV within the Bulk Merge tab to identify the proper formatting for Bulk Merge CSVs. We recommend building a report in Salesforce to get the Record IDs for the records you'd like to use for the Bulk Merge.
- Once you have filled out all of the fields click Save Job.
- You are now ready to start your Bulk Merge.
Start a Bulk Merge
- Click Start Merge to start the Bulk Merge.
- NOTE: You will not be able to start the Bulk Merge until you have clicked Save Job.
- Before the Bulk Merge starts, Salesforce will perform a check to confirm that all Templates included in the Merge have the Auto-merge option enabled. If any of the Templates included in the Bulk Merge do not have Auto-merge enabled, the Bulk Merge will fail and produce an error.
- You will be redirected to 'Bulk Merge History' to review your Job Details once the Bulk Merge has finished processing.
Access Files Created from Bulk Merge
The Bulk Merge History page can be used to see view information on previously run Bulk Merges. To access this page, do the following:
- Search for and launch Bulk Merge from the App Launcher.
- Click on Bulk Merge History.
- From this tab, you can search by Bulk Merge Name or Bulk Merge Job Number.
- Job Details will load on the right based on your search.
- Click on the Job Number and you'll be taken to Advanced Search.
- Within Advanced Search you can see all of the files which were created from the Bulk Merge and perform any of the File Actions you have permission for.
Bulk Merge Notifications
Two separate notifications are sent out when a Bulk Merge job completes:
- A notification within Salesforce or Litify
- An email sent to the user who initiated the Bulk Merge Job with a link to the results.