Issue: Default Rate Not Updating When Adjusting Related To Field on Existing Time Entries
- We've confirmed an issue with the default Rate when editing existing Time Entries. Because of this issue, if you edit the Related To field on an existing Time Entry the Rate field will not automatically select either the Related To rate or the User's default rate.
- This issue only looks to occur when editing existing Time Entries.
- The current work around is to confirm that the Rate field is accurate, and to adjust it manually if it is not, when updating the Related To field on existing Time Entries.
Issue: Rate and Billable Fields Required for Time Entry Page Layout
- As of Timekeeping v2, the Rate and Billable fields must be add to the Time Entry page layout so that the rest of the forms can be read and displayed properly. Because of this change users who are upgrading to this version must add these fields (if they haven’t already done so) in order for this release to run properly.
- Click the Setup Cog and click Setup in the menu that appears.
- Search for and select Object Manager in the Quick Find bar.
- Search for and select the Timekeeping Time Entry object.
- You are looking for the one with the API name “litify_time__lit_Time_Entry__c”. Be careful not to confuse this with the similarly named object “litify_pm__Time_Entry__c”.
- Click Page Layouts in the sidebar.
- Click Time Entry Layout.
- A page will appear with two distinct sections, a Time Entry Layout box at the top of the page (displaying categories and boxes) and a Time Entry Sample section near the bottom.
- Scroll down until you reach the Information subsection under Time Entry Detail.
- The last four items in this subsection should be: Duration (Hours), Rate, Billable, and Amount.
- This may be different depending on your page's layout.
- If either the Rate or Billable fields are missing, find their corresponding box at the top of the page under Time Entry Layout, and drag it to the correct position under the Information subsection.
- Click Save at the top of the page directly under Time Entry Layout.
Issue: Configure Objects & Display
- SOQL queries do not permit fuzzy matching on non-string text field types.
- This means that if you configure Related Object display fields that are not in the above format, query components in the timekeeping app will only be able to find exact value matches.
- The current recommended workaround for this issue is to create a formula field that converts fields into string type text fields.
Issue: Issues Creating Time Entries for Other Users
- We've identified an issue preventing users from adding time entries for other users on the Timer while using the mobile app or utility bar.
- This is actually the intended behavior with how the app was designed. As such, there is currently no workaround for this issue.
Issue: Creating Time Entries or Running Timers Using a Different Timezone
- Creating Time Entries (or using the Timer) for a timezone other than the one set to your Salesforce User profile may cause issues.
- When doing so we've witnesses errors that have impacted: start dates, durations, and other timer features.
- For now we recommend that you avoid using different time zones on your device and Salesforce User profile.
- If you do experience issues, first check that the timezones match. If they're different, you can adjust the timezone on your Salesforce User profile using the following steps:
Within Salesforce, click the avatar icon at the top right of the screen and click Settings.
Under the My Personal Information heading in the sidebar click Language & Time Zone.
Select the time zone you wish to use.
Also remember that you always adjust time entries manually. See our related article more information on how to do this.
- Users should be especially aware of this issue while traveling.