There are a few crucial install steps to follow before you can begin using Timekeeping. The User completing these steps must be an Admin.
1. Install for System Administrators Only
When installing the Litify Timekeeping package, make sure to select the 3rd option, 'Install for Specific Profiles,' and grant access to only the System Administrator.
2. Uncheck "Grant Access Using Hierarchies"
Click the Setup Cog > type "sharing settings" into the Quick Find bar > click Sharing Settings > click Edit > scroll to 'Time Entry' > Uncheck > scroll to 'Time Rate' > Uncheck > Save.
3. Add Time Tracking to Matter Layout
From a Matter Page > Click the Setup Cog > Edit Page > click the Matter Component > On the right, click Add Tab > click on the new tab > a 'Tab Label' modal will appear > click Custom at the top of the picklist > label the tab "Time" > Drag the new tab to the top of the list (or your Org's preferred location)
Click the new Time tab > type "Time Entries" into the search bar on the left > Drag and drop 'Time Entries' into the Time tab on the Matter Component > Save > Activate for Desktop and phone > Save.
4. Remove the old Time Entries component from Matter layout
From the same Edit Page screen > click the Time Entries component on the right > click the trash icon > Save > Activate for Desktop and phone > Save > Back to exit out of Edit Page view.
5. Remove old Time Entries related list from Matter layout
Click the Setup Cog > type "Object Manager" in the Quick Find bar > click Object Manager > in Object Manager, search for the Matter object > Click > Page Layouts > Page Layout Assignment. This will allow you to see which page layouts are in use.
Once you know which page layouts need to be changed, return to Page Layouts > [Matter Layout in Use] > scroll to Time Entries > click the remove icon > Save
6. Add Time Tab to Mobile Navigation
From Setup Home > type "Navigation" into the Quick Find bar > click Salesforce Navigation > Click Time in the Available column > Click the arrow icon > Save
7. Add Timer to the Utility Bar in the Matters + Intakes app
If your Org already uses a custom Utility Bar:
- Click the Setup Cog > Type "app manager" into the Quick Find Bar > Click App Manager > Scroll until you see [the app for your custom Utility Bar] > click the down arrow > Edit > click Utility Navigation in the left panel > click Add Utility Item > Type "Utility Bar Timer App" > click to add > Use the arrows to control its position in your Utility Bar > Set 'Width' to "400" > Set 'Height' to "680" > Check the box for 'Start Automatically.' > In another tab, refresh your Matter page to ensure the Utility Bar has updated.
- Note: If your custom Utility Bar contains the old Stopwatch, make sure to remove it by clicking Remove in the upper right corner.
If your Org is using a Litify-managed Utility Bar (like Litify Matters):
- Click the Setup Cog > Type "app manager" into the Quick Find Bar > Click App Manager > Click New Lightning App > name the new app whatever you'd like (note: it will be displayed at the top > Next > Leave the 'Navigation and Form Factor' settings on default > Next
- Click Add Utility Item > Add the Utility Items you'd typically see in your Utility Bar (it's helpful to have a Matter page open in another tab for reference) > Type each item in the search bar and click its name to add it to the Utility Bar (In this example: "My Matters", "MatterQuickSearch", "Recent Items", and "DICE Queue Type")
- Search for "Utility Bar Timer App" > click to add > Use the arrows to control its position in the Utility Bar > Set 'Width' to "400" > Set 'Height' to "680" > Check the box for 'Start Automatically.' > Next
- Select the Navigation Items you'd like to appear in the top bar > click the arrow to add > In this example, we chose Accounts, Matters, and Intakes > Add 'Time Tracking Admin Settings' > click the arrow to add > Next
- Search for 'System Administrator' > Click > Click the arrow to add > Search for "Standard User" > click the arrow to add > Save & Finish
8. Assign system admin the 'Time Tracking Admin' Permission Set
Click the Setup Cog > Type "Profiles" into the Quick Find Bar > Click > Navigate to 'System Admin' (it may be on page 2, depending on how many profiles your Org uses) > Click Edit > Check the box next to 'Time Tracking' > Save > Navigate to 'Standard User' > Click Edit > Check the box next to 'Time Tracking' > Save.
Then type "Permission Sets" into the Quick Find bar > Click > Scroll to and click 'Time Admin' > Click 'Manage Assignments' > Click 'Add Assignments' > Check the box next to your System Administrator > Assign > Done
9. Configure Time Tracking to Save to Objects
From the new Utility Bar > Click Time Tracking Admin Settings > Click Objects & Display > Click Add Object > Select the Objects on which you'd like to have the ability to save Time Entries, in this case we chose Matters > Add.