The Time Tracking application within Litify allows timekeepers to view, edit, and add time entries from one centralized location. This robust application also allows for the creation of several time entries at once via batches, the ability to download lists of time entries as a CSV file, and allows timekeepers to view and edit information relating to their timekeeping profile.
Table of Contents
- Navigating to the Time Tracking Application
- Using the Time Tab
- Individual Actions Available Under the Time Tab
- Bulk Actions Available Under the Time Tab
- Manage Profiles
- Related Articles
Navigating to the Time Tracking Application
- Search for and click "Time Tracking" using the App Launcher icon.
- Click the Time Tracking tab in the navigation bar at the top of the page.
- The current timekeeper is displayed by default, and Time Entries are grouped by day.
You will notice that the Time Tracking application is broken up into three tabs: Time, Batch Time Entry, and Manage Profile. Navigate to the appropriate section below for more information on each section.
Using the Time Tab
The first tab within the Time Tracking application is devoted to the creation and management of individual Time Entries.
Jump to a Date
From the Time tab, timekeepers can quickly jump to other dates using the calendar icon.
- Click the calendar icon next to the week selector. This will cause a “Jump to Date” window to open.
- Either type the date into the search bar, or click the calendar icon to see a month-by-month view.
- Click the date.
- Click Go.
Navigating by Week
Timekeepers can navigate to other weeks using the arrows near the calendar icon. Clicking the left arrow or right arrow will move you backwards or forwards a week respectively.
The text between the arrows will change depending on which week you are currently viewing.
Searching the List
Timekeepers can search for specific time entries by week using the Search this list... search bar at the top of the application.
Alternatively, you can click the filter icon to open the advanced search window. This feature offers even more powerful search options, allowing timekeepers to narrow their searches using a number of parameters. For more information on this feature and how to use it, see our dedicated article.
Navigating Between Timekeepers
Administrators or timekeepers who've been granted Log Time As... permissions can navigate between timekeepers by clicking the down-arrow next to the timekeeper's name at the top of the application. For more information on this feature, please see our dedicated article.
Admins can use this dropdown to locate specific timekeepers by searching for them by name.
Timekeepers can view a detailed summary of a Time Entry directly from the application. To do this:
- Click on any Time Entry.
- After doing so, a detail window will appear on the side of the screen.
- From this view you will be able to edit the Time Entry by finding the field you wish to update and clicking the pencil icon next to it.
- To learn more about editable detail views, please our related article.
- Make sure to click Save after making any changes.
Individual Actions Available Under the Time Tab
Timekeepers can add, delete, or make changes to Time Entries from the Time tab.
Add a Time Entry
Click the New Time Entry button at the top of the page to start creating a new time entry.
Timekeepers can also click the Add Icon (+) beside any day in the week view to add an entry for that specific date.
Administrators or timekeepers with permission to add Time Entries for others will be able to select a timekeepers when adding a Time Entry. Make sure to complete all required information for the Time Entry before hitting Save.
Delete a Time Entry
To delete a Time Entry:
- Click the down-arrow on the right side of a Time Entry.
- Click Delete.
- Click Confirm.
Edit a Time Entry
Timekeepers can edit Time Entries by doing the following:
- Click the down-arrow to the right of an entry.
- Click Edit.
- An Edit Time Entry window opens.
- Make changes to Time, Rate, Description, and more.
- Click Save.
Bulk Actions Available Under the Time Tab
Timekeepers and Admin can make changes to Time Entries in bulk using the Bulk Time Entry tab.
For more information on Batch Time Entries, please see our dedicated article.
Edit Time Entries in Bulk
Timekeepers can edit the Related To, Category, Description, Rates, Billable, Billing Status, and/or Date using the Bulk Edit action.
- Click the checkboxes beside each Time Entry which needs to be edited, or click Select All.
- You can also click the box next to a date to select all entries on that day.
- Click Bulk Edit.
- In the Bulk Edit window, click the checkbox beside one or more elements to edit them.
- Make the desired changes.
- Click Save.
- Click Yes, Continue.
Export Entries as a CSV
Download all Time Entries for a set period using the dedicated button.
This section allow you to view and edit information relating to your account. Most notably, this section also allows you to grant others the ability to log time on your behalf—or revoke this permission, and to see who you have the ability to log time as.
Keep in mind that these options are also available via the Time & Billing settings page—under the Timekeepers & Classifications section under Timekeepers.