The "Log Time As" feature grants users the ability to log Time Entries on behalf of other users. This ability is permission-based, so users must be granted permission to access the Time Entries object via Salesforce setup. Additionally, users must have permission to log time on behalf of others via the Time Tracking Admin Settings.
Table of Contents
- Granting "Log Time As" Permission
- View Users Who've Granted You "Log Time As" Permission
- Revoke “Log Time As” Permissions
- How to Log Time as Another User
- On a Specific Date
- From the “Add Time Entry” Button
- Related Articles
Granting “Log Time As” Permission
To enable another User to log time on your behalf:
- Click Manage Profile from the Time Tracking app.
- Scroll to the Team window (near the bottom).
- Select the Can Log Time As Me tab.
- Click Add Access.
Search for the proper user.
- Click Grant Access.
- Alternatively, this access can be granted via the Time & Billing Settings page, under the Timekeepers & Classifications > Timekeepers section.
View Users Who've Granted You “Log Time As” Permission
To view users who have granted you permission to log time on their behalf:
- Follow the process above to view your profile within Time Tracking.
- Click the I Can Log Time As tab.
- Here you will be able to see who you have the permission to log time as.
- Depending on the settings and your account status, Admins may see a message reminding them that they can log time for all users.
Revoke “Log Time As” Permissions
Just as you can grant other users the permission to log time on the behalf of others, so too can you take this ability away. To do this:
- Navigate to the user within the Time Tracking Admin Settings and click their name.
- Scroll down to Team.
- Find the user who you no longer want to be able to log time on your behalf.
- Click the trashcan icon next to their name.
- Confirm that you wish to revoke their access on the window that appears.
- Alternatively, this access can be revoked via the Time & Billing Settings page, under the Timekeepers & Classifications > Timekeepers section.
How to Log Time as Another User
- From the Time Tracking App, click the down-arrow next to your username.
- Click the user for whom you'd like to log a Time Entry.
You need to do this first before logging a Time Entry.
On a Specific Date
- Click the Plus Icon (+) on the date the Time Entry occurred.
- Fill out the required information.
- Click Save.
From the “Add Time Entry” Button
- Click the “+ Add Time Entry” button.
- Fill out the required information (including Date).
- Click Save.