Only events created AFTER sync was set up will synch automatically from Outlook/Litify. For exceptions related to the event sync, read this article.
Events created in Outlook before setting up sync can be bulk updated by creating a Litify category in Outlook. Events assigned this category will sync to Litify during the next sync session.
Syncing Events from Outlook to Litify
- Litify creates copies of the synced Event object for all attendees who are Litify users.
- An Event assigned to the organizer is the parent event, and Events assigned to attendees are child Events
- Please note: Events are synced for the organizer first, and then to the attendees’ calendars. If the organizer's sync is down/disabled, the event will not be synced for anyone.
- Litify Inbox ensures that no duplicated Events are created in your Litify Org.
- This process is handled by synchronization, and is applied based if the event Subject, Start Date, and Organizer fields match.
- This only applies to Litify Events which have attendees.
- Additional rules apply for Teams/Zoom meetings and conference calls:
- If the same event is created or updated in MS Outlook and Litify at the same time, only the instance created/updated in MS Outlook will be kept, the other instance will be replaced.
- If an event is deleted in Outlook, it will be deleted from the Litify calendar during the next sync session.
- If an event is deleted in Litify, it will not be deleted from Outlook calendar, but will no longer have a Litify category assigned and will not sync back to Outlook.
Private Calendar Items
Calendar items flagged as private are handled according to the following rules:
- When a private calendar item is assigned the Litify category in MS Exchange/Office 365: the event is shared in Litify without the Private attribute
- When a private calendar item is shared in Litify by clicking the Save button, the event is shared in Litify without the Private attribute.
- When the events auto sharing setting is enabled, private events are not automatically saved in Litify