Article Under Review: This article is currently under review. While it is being reviewed you may find that this article contains inaccurate or broken links and outdated images/gifs. We apologize for any confusion this causes and we hope to post an updated article soon. For any questions or concerns in the meantime, please reach out to your CSM.
Only events created AFTER sync was set up will synch automatically from Outlook/Litify. For exceptions related to the event sync, read this article.
Events created in Outlook before setting up sync can be bulk updated by creating a Litify category in Outlook. Events assigned this category will sync to Litify during the next sync session.
Syncing Events from Outlook to Litify
- Litify creates copies of the synced Event object for all attendees who are Litify users.
- An Event assigned to the organizer is the parent event, and Events assigned to attendees are child Events
- Please note: Events are synced for the organizer first, and then to the attendees’ calendars. If the organizer's sync is down/disabled, the event will not be synced for anyone.
- Litify Inbox ensures that no duplicated Events are created in your Litify Org.
- This process is handled by synchronization, and is applied based if the event Subject, Start Date, and Organizer fields match.
- This only applies to Litify Events which have attendees.
- Additional rules apply for Teams/Zoom meetings and conference calls:
- If the same event is created or updated in MS Outlook and Litify at the same time, only the instance created/updated in MS Outlook will be kept, the other instance will be replaced.
- If an event is deleted in Outlook, it will be deleted from the Litify calendar during the next sync session.
- If an event is deleted in Litify, it will not be deleted from Outlook calendar, but will no longer have a Litify category assigned and will not sync back to Outlook.
Private Calendar Items
Calendar items flagged as private are handled according to the following rules:
- When a private calendar item is assigned the Litify category in MS Exchange/Office 365: the event is shared in Litify without the Private attribute
- When a private calendar item is shared in Litify by clicking the Save button, the event is shared in Litify without the Private attribute.
- When the events auto sharing setting is enabled, private events are not automatically saved in Litify