OCR stands for Optical Character Recognition.
Docrio+ comes with OCR, or Optical Character Recognition. This technology scans documents as they're uploaded to Docrio, and allows users to search the text within them—including images!
OCR is only available in our Docrio+ product. Once OCR has been enabled in your organization, all newly uploaded documents will be searchable with a simple Text Content Search. For an additional fee, we can ensure your previously uploaded documents can be searched with OCR as well. Contact your sales rep or Customer Success Manager for more information.
Search with OCR
Click the 'Docrio Advanced Search' tab within Docrio > type your search into the 'Text Content' box > Click Go
OCR is not available on individual record searches, only Docrio Advanced Search. OCR is available on any file under 50 mb which we can preview. A list of the files we show previews for can be found here
Coming with the next release of OCR:
- Complex Searches
- Boolean Searches: AND / OR / NOT / EXACTLY
- Wildcards such as * and ?
- Ability to do a combined File Property and Text Content searches
- Perform an OCR search and then narrow by Case type.
- Perform an advanced search by date range, and then narrow by OCR search