Latest Version: 7.5
Release Date: June 9, 2021
Production Link: Please reach out to your CSM or Litify Account Manager.
Sandbox Link: Please reach out to your CSM or Litify Account Manager.
Docrio v7 is all about organization. With improvements to document movability and visibility, and the introduction of the all new Filing Cabinet, it’s easier than ever to support your organization’s documentation needs.
But that’s not all! The newest version of Docrio also brings quality-of-life improvements with updates to external links, a new packet category, and the ability to edit DocGen Template Files with one click.
And as always, the Litify QA team has been hard at work squashing bugs wherever they dare to appear. Read on to learn more about all of the exciting improvements found in Docrio v7.
Just a reminder that our desktop app was updated around the same time as this version was released. Remember that the Docrio Desktop App should ALWAYS be upgraded before Docrio.
Additional Installation Steps
Below you will notice both pre and post installation steps associated with this release. Both sets of steps must be performed in order for this release to perform properly. Having trouble performing these steps? Please reach out to our support team for help.
In order for this most recent release of Docrio to run properly, there are a few pre-install steps that you will need to perform. These steps are outlined below:
- Log into your Litify org within Salesforce.
- Click on the Setup cogwheel and click Setup.
- Search for and launch the “object manager.”
- Search for and select “folder structure assignment.”
- On the Details page for the object, click Edit.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Edit page, find "Allow Search", and check the box next to it.
- Click Save.
In order for this most recent release of Docrio to run properly, there are a few post-install steps that you will need to perform. These steps are outlined below:
- After installing the update, log into your Litify org, click the Setup Cog and click Setup.
- Search for and select “Object Manager” in the Quick Find bar.
- Within the Object Manger, search for and select “File Action Permissions.”
- Select Page Layouts in the sidebar.
- On the Page Layouts page click File Action Permissions Layout.
- Find the “Create Filing Cabinet Folder” field in the box near the top of this page.
- Drag and drop that field into the bottom portion of the page wherever you would like this information to be displayed.
- Click Save.
- Navigate back to the Object Manager.
- Repeat this process for the following objects and fields:
- File Object Preferences object > Add the “Order” field.
- Merge Packet object > Add the “Packet Category” field.
Major Features and Improvements
Docrio Filing Cabinet
We’re really excited about this one. The all new Filing Cabinet allows Docrio users to view all of their organization’s documents, in one place, regardless of relationship. Want to view all Expense files in one place? We’ve got ya. Want to view files from a single record more easily? No problem.
Filing Cabinet even allows you to upload documents to your organization without designating a relationship. For more on this feature and how it can help you stay organized, check out our dedicated article.
External Link Improvements
We realize that sharing documents is just as important as collecting them. Because of this, we’ve spent significant time improving the performance of external links shared via Docrio. These improvements include: increasing how many files can be included in external links, making it easier for users to download from external links, and several backend stability improvements.
For a reminder on how to use external links, please see our overview article on the topic.
Object Picker Preference
You’ll now have the ability to define a default object for the Object Picker found within Docrio. This update also adds the ability to define the order of the rest of the objects displayed within the picker. This setting is found within the Docrio admin settings, and you can learn more about configuring it in our admin settings article.
Docrio Desktop App Improvements
The Docrio Desktop App, formerly the Docrio Electron App, also sees some improvements in this release (not least of which gaining an easier to remember name). The biggest update includes improved error logging. It’s also now possible to export these error logs.
For more information on these updates, see our desktop app articles and the release notes for the latest version of the app.
This release we’ve also added a Category section for your Docrio Packets. This should allow you to better locate, and by extension manage, your Packets. For more information on this feature, please see our dedicated article.
Minor Features and Improvements
Template Files use One-Click Edit (OCE)
We’ve added the ability to use Docrio One-Click Edit (OCE), part of our Docrio Desktop app, for DocGen Template files. This was a feature that was previously only available on a file within Docrio. By selecting the file action Edit within Docrio you could quickly make edits to a document without having to export it and re-upload it. We now offer the same flexibility for template files.
File Visibility and Movability Improvements
You can now select all files on a single page, as opposed to previously where you could only select all files in that location. This is a feature that you might have seen elsewhere within Litify, and were excited to add it to Docrio as well.
Additionally, we’ve overhauled the way that we move and delete files across the Docrio file viewer to be more consistent. While you might not notice the change, this should make things more intuitive as you continue to use Docrio.
Preview Basic Audio and Video Files.
While we know documents are the backbone of any firm, we realize they’re not the only type of media associated with working a case. Because of this we’ve taken the first step into a more all-encompassing Docrio, by adding the ability to preview basic audio and video files. Below is an example of what previewing an audio file within Docrio might look like.
- Added a checkbox to the clickable data table row.
- Updated Merge Link URLs to include “CASESAFEID” Function.
- Merged Packet Modal to inherit and observe the settings from the Merge Packet Columns page.
- Removed the ability to drag and drop while on related folder view.
- Made selecting a record the same across the product.
- Refactored dataExplorerUploadModal.
Below is a list of bugs that have been fixed and issues that have been resolved within this update. We’ve collapsed this list in order to make this article easier to scan. Click the header below to expand the list.
- Fixed an issue causing the side panel to misbehave when using the “Delete” file action.
- Corrected a file action/Folder dependency.
- Fixed an issue preventing files which were greater than 80 characters from being loaded into DocAssign.
- Removed the ability for views and columns in DocAssign to be able to delete the “Related To” column.
- Fixed an error occurring when adding document category or subcategory to column view component in DocAssign.
- Fixed an issue cutting off object names in “Related To” dropdowns found within DocAssign.
- Fixed an issue causing Object Picker and Checkboxes to misbehave.
- Fixed a component error occurring on the File Details page within Docrio FileViewer.
- Fixed a Fileviewer folder action performance issue.
- Fixed an issue preventing data from being entered on Custom Number fields on File info.
- Resolved an issue when expanding the preview panel causing the refresh icon and text to spill over.
- Fixed an issue that was allowing you to upload two files with the exact same name.
- Fixed an issue causing Salesforce Record Input Sort By to not work for Party Name Lookup fields.
- Fixed an issue within UX Folder Pref Rules builder causing Y value boxes to disappear when clicking out of them.
- Fixed an issue causing Salesforce Record Inputs to not merge data correctly for all records when a single record is missing some data.
- Resolved an issue within Global advanced search which was allowing Drag & Drop.
- Fixed an issue in Bulk Download which was allowing files of the same name.
- Fixed an issue in Docrio Admin Views and Columns where you couldn’t close selection menus.
- Fixed an issue causing Salesforce required checkboxes for non-auto merge templates to be grayed out.
- Fixed an issue causing the test me "Next" button to be grayed the first time it was run on a brand new template.
- Fixed an issue when building template rules, where a user was unable to select 'Another Input on template' for the Y value.
- Added performance improvement around Freeform Text Fields and their load time.
- Fixed an issue where if a user had multiple browsers open and performed an auto merge, the wrong record ID was being used.
- Fixed an issue related to multi-picklist Data types, and how when the format option was changed from the defaulted comma separated list to none, the format option was not actually deleting.