This article covers the steps to mass deploy the Litify Inbox add-in to end users within Microsoft Exchange (on-premise 2013, 2016, and 2019) environments.
These steps should be performed by the local IT Admin.
Admins will need access to the Exchange Admin Center in order to perform this deployment.
Table of Contents
- Log into the Exchange Admin Center
- Deploy Litify Inbox Add-In from a Manifest URL
- Make Add-In available to Users
- Related Articles
Log into the Exchange Admin Center
- Open the Exchange admin center. Please refer to the following articles to find out how to access the Exchange admin center for your organization:
- In the Exchange admin center, go to Organization > Add-Ins (Exchange 2016/2019) or Apps (Exchange 2013).
Deploy Litify Inbox Add-In from a Manifest URL
- Click the + (Add) button and then select the source that you want to install Litify Inbox from—in this example we're using Add from URL.
- In the URL field, enter the full manifest URL of Litify Inbox and click Install.
- The Litify Inbox Add-In will appear in the list of available apps.
Make Add-In available to Users
Follow the steps below to make Litify Inbox available to the users in your organization.
- In the list of available add-ins, double-click Litify Inbox. The Edit Add-in Settings dialog box will appear.
- To make the Add-In available to all users in your organization, select the Make this app available to users in your organization checkbox and then select one of the following options:
- Optional, enabled by default: Use this setting to have the Litify Inbox Add-In enabled by default, allowing the users to disable it if necessary.
- Optional, disabled by default: Use this setting to have the Litify Inbox Add-In disabled by default, allowing the users to enable it if necessary.
- Mandatory, always enabled: Users can’t disable this app. Use this setting when you do not want to allow your users to turn off the Litify Inbox Add-In.
- Click Save.
- To verify that the Revenue Inbox for Salesforce Add-In was installed successfully make sure that the add-in appeared in users’ Outlook Ribbon.