The Litify Platform is built atop Salesforce, and as such they share the same general system requirements. However, there are some additional requirements and recommendations that you will want to take into account depending on which Litify products your organization uses.
This document collects the various system requirements and recommendations for the Litify platform as a whole, as well as specific information relating to each Litify product.
- General System Requirements
- Browser Requirements
- Additional Litify Requirements
- Pre and Post Install Steps
- Litify Product-Specific Requirements
- Docrio and the Docorio Desktop App
- Litify Referrals Network (LRN)
- Matters and Intakes Management
- Litify Inbox
- Financials Management
- Related Articles
General System Requirements
Salesforce is a powerful and flexible platform that conveniently runs within your computer’s web browser. Because of this, the technical (or system) requirements for Salesforce—and by extension Litify—are more focused on networking quality as opposed to how powerful your computer is.
Below* are the recommended and minimum system requirements for the Salesforce and Litify platforms, as released by Salesforce.
- An Octane 2.0 score of 30,000 or greater
- Network latency of 150 ms or less
- Network latency dictates how much lag or delay your network has.
- Download speed of 3 Mbps or greater
- This measures how quickly your network can download files.
- A machine with at least 8 GB of RAM, with 3 GB available for Salesforce browser tabs
- RAM (or random-access memory) defines how much bandwidth your machine has for running programs and processing information.
- An Octane 2.0 score of 20,000 or greater
- Network latency of 200 ms or less
- Download speed of 1 Mbps or greater
- A machine with at least 5 GB of RAM, with 2 GB available for Salesforce browser tabs
*The above information was taken from the Technical Requirements for Lightning Experience article published by Salesforce. For more information on recommendations and requirements, or related topics like optimizing Salesforce for tablets or phones, please visit Salesforce’s site.
Curious if your machine and network meet the requirements listed above? We recommend that you reach out to your organization’s internal IT department.
It is recommended that you use Google Chrome when accessing Salesforce and the Litify Platform.
While it’s true that Salesforce can run on other browsers—such as Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Edge Chromium—it is optimized for Chrome. As such we recommend that you use Chrome for the best Litify experience.
Additional Litify Requirements
There are a few items that are required to ensure that the Litify platform, in general, runs smoothly. We’ve collected these items and listed them below.
Application programming interfaces (or APIs) are back-end connections between computers or programs that make it easier for them to communicate. The MDAPI is an API that Litify relies on for many of its features to work properly (for example Questionnaires). In order for the Litify platform to work properly, you will want to ensure that the MDAPI is correctly configured. This can be done by referring to our dedicated article.
Pre and Post Install Steps
While oftentimes not imperative to the core functionality of Litify, there are times when you will need to follow some steps before or after upgrading to the newest version of one of our products. For example, if you look at our release notes for Docrio v8 you will see that there are some additional steps that need to be followed if you want to take advantage of the new features found within the update.
Whenever this needs to happen, we will clearly define these steps in the release notes most closely associated with the new feature(s) that rely on these steps.
Litify Product-Specific Requirements
Below are the requirements and recommendations for specific Litify products.
Docrio and the Docorio Desktop App
Docrio is Litify’s dedicated document management system. It allows users to upload, manage, manipulate (or merge), and export documentation related to various records. Docrio requires no additional considerations when being configured. That said, you may want access to word processing software (such as Microsoft Word) when using Docrio to take full advantage of its features.
In addition to the features found within Litify, Docrio also has a dedicated desktop application that can help users with document management. The system requirements for the Docrio Desktop App can be found below:
- In order to use the Docrio Desktop Application you will need the ability to install and configure it on your local machine. Depending on how computers at your organization are managed, this may be something that your local IT department will have to do.
- Windows 7 or newer
- MacOS 10.10 or newer
- Windows: An Intel Pentium 4 processor or later and 512 MB of RAM
- Mac: An Intel processor that’s 64-bit and 512 MB of RAM
Litify Referrals Network (LRN)
The Litify Referrals Network (or LRN) is a browser-based portal that aids law firms in managing referrals. Additionally, some of the referrals management process is also handled within the Litify platform directly.
Due to its browser-based design LRN requires no additional considerations when being installed.
Matters and Intakes Management
Managing Matters and Intakes is at the core of the Litify experience. For many firms, this is where the bulk of their time is spent. Because these features come with Litify “out of the box” they require no additional considerations when being installed.
Litify Inbox is our dedicated email solution that comes in two versions: a Google Chrome plugin, or a Microsoft Outlook extension. For the Chrome plugin, there are no additional requirements.
For the Outlook extension, your IT department may want to be aware of the supported server environments to get the best performance. For more information about supported servers, please see our related article.
The Timekeeping features of Litify require no additional considerations when being installed.
The Financials features of Litify require no additional considerations when being installed.