Product and Version Impacted
- All Versions
We’ve confirmed an issue reported by Financials users concerning an error message that they receive while using the application. Users have reported receiving an "Error Retrieving Summary Data Attempt to de-reference a null object" error when attempting to access the Financials Summary lightning component. An example of this error message can be found below.
This issue is caused when a user has unassigned or deleted fields mapped in their Financial Configuration's Summary Item Table.
We have identified the following workaround to assist users who are experiencing this issue.
- Navigate to the Financial Configurations
- Navigate into your current Active Setup.
- Select Build Balance & Summary to define the objects & fields.
- Select each Item/Item Group in the Summary to view the Table under each to ensure each column is mapped to a field.
- This issue can manifest as Salesforce IDs ("a135f0000000kUTu") displayed in the Financial Configuration's Item Table since there are no field labels ("Provider Name Text") to reference.
- Select the dropdown arrow to Edit the Column and check the mapping.
- Once you identify the missing/empty field, go ahead and assign a field.
- Repeat as necessary until all fields are assigned in your Summary Item Table Columns.
Litify Support Information
This workaround might not work for everyone. If you have walked through the steps above and are still having trouble, please don’t hesitate to contact Litify Support at firstname.lastname@example.org (or Submit a Request).