Latest Version: 10.12
Release Date: April 18th, 2022
Docrio Desktop App:
This release must be installed after hours when users will be OUT OF DOCRIO.
There is a post install script that will automatically run as part of the install. If users are accessing Files at the time of the script running, those files will not be updated. The post install script will do the following things:
- Filling out the new description field that is included in this release. Currently Docrio has a Description field that is 10,000 characters which prevents it from being searchable. With this release we will be creating a Description Field that is 255 characters long, which can be searched. We will take the first 255 characters from the old description field and populate the new field with this information.
- Populate 2 new fields on the FIle Info Record with the first and last 255 characters of the folder path for that file.
The amount of time that it will take to run the script is based on the amount of files in your org. In 1 minute 12,000 files will be processed.
All of the above will happen automatically. There are no required post install steps beyond letting the script run.
Recommended Post Install Steps:
- Within Docrio Admin Settings, update the Upload Columns to include Parent Folder
- Within Docrio Admin Settings, update the fields that display on Advanced Search to include Description
- Within Docrio Admin Settings, update Views and Columns to use 2 new fields ‘Updated On’ and Updated By’
Improved file loading times….
When uploading, downloading, previewing, merging, searching and more. We have focused on improving the experience of viewing and navigating between files in every place you can load a document
New Fields on File Info:
- New description field - This new field is 255 characters and users can search against it. The old description field is now titled Long Description. This field continues to exist on the File Info, but Docrio will no longer utilize it.
- Created Date Legacy - This is a new field users can use during file migrations to maintain the original created date of a file from your legacy system.
- Updated On - This is a new lookup field that tracks updates made to files in Docrio. Specific actions that update this field are Upload, New Version, and Move.
- Updated By - This is a new date field that tracks updates made to files in Docrio. Specific actions that update this field are Upload, New Version, and Move.
We recommend using Updated On and Updated By instead of Last Modified Date and Last Modified By. Our new Docrio audit fields are more beneficial when tracking actual file changes. The Last Modified fields capture every minor change made to a file, such as an edit to the description field or a user downloading the file.
Edit + Checkout are now separate actions (or joined!)
In our V9 release we added the feature Check In / Check Out, and now we’ve improved it even more! When users want to Edit + Check Out a file, no longer will it require extra clicks. To read more about this click here.
Ability to upload across many folders at one time from the upload screen
We’ve added more functionality when uploading files. No longer do users need to be IN the folder they want to upload files too. With V10, when uploading files if you have Parent Folder as one of your upload columns, users can now select from any of the folders to upload the file into.
Files can now be associated to each other
Docrio Email and Docrio continue to get closer integrated to each other with this latest release. When a user saves an email and attachments to Docrio using Docrio Email those files will be associated to each other. Read more about this new feature here.
Larger drag and drop file upload area
Never miss the drop area for dragging and dropping when uploading again. We’ve increased the area of where users can drag and drop files and folders into Docrio.
Ability to move and copy files across related folders in one action
Copy and Move files around with less clicks. With this release we’ve made it so that all of the folders from your normal Matter and Intake view will be visible when moving and copying.
Ability to run text searches (OCR) in our inline advanced search; available in Docrio+ Only
Our OCR search has become even more powerful, allowing our users to perform more pointed searches. Users can now access our text search when using advanced search on specific matters and intakes. Read more about this here.
And now, the details pane keeps your place
The preview now stays in view when you scroll through your list of files.
- Updated Docrio Merge Library to include input selections for PDF Templates
- Added support for multiple AWS regions, including international
- Added a new source value on File Info Version record, to let users know when a file originates by a merging action
- Updated to the latest version of ElasticSearch
- Added new format option for telephone inputs within Template Builder
- DocAssign now displays 10 records when using the related To drop down
- Added support for the date format yyyy-MM-dd to Template Builder
- Improved support for .bmp and .jpg images when using PDF Split and Combine
- Improved the clean up process for temporary files created from the 'Test Me' function within Template Builder
- Updated logic around file deletion to allow the deletion of over 100 files at a time in Docrio
Below is a list of bugs that have been fixed and issues that have been resolved within this release.
- Fixed an issue that was causing users to be unable to save changes to File Info Records after an initial failure
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Pop Out Icon on the Input Library to navigate back to the Template Selection page instead of the specific template
- Fixed an issue that was creating two checked in file records when a single file was checked in, when using the Check In and Check Out file actions
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the success toasts from appearing when we save the template or upload the file and click save when using the Template and PDF Builders
- Fixed an issue that was causing an error to be thrown when merged .docx files were being opened
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the merge tag from being updated when the 'Merge as Image' checkbox was selected when using the Template Builder
- FIxed a bug that was causing a new File History Record to get created when the PDF Builder template is opened
- Fixed an issue that was allowing the Clone Template button to be enabled on unsaved templates
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the Add Existing Input modal within the PDF Builder from loading.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Docrio to break and become unusable until refreshing the window when Cancel was clicked when clicking edit on a file
- Fixed an issue where users were not able to access the Merge Input Library; or granting users unauthorized access to the Document Generation tab.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the Select All button from being applied to all filing cabinet results
- Fixed an issue that was preventing PDF Split from working as expected when a file info record had a null or blank Folder Path
- Fixed an issue that disabled the Create Link button when the expiration date was changed when creating an external link on one or more files using FireFox.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the preview tab from reflecting updates without refreshing the page when a user was editing a PDF Template file with the Edit Template File Action.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing images from merging correctly when using Template Builder for Word and PDF Templates
- Fixed an issue that was causing both 'Merge as Barcode' and 'Merge as Image' checkboxes to be checked when a user switched their formatting options from one to the other when using PDF Builder,
- Fixed a bug that was showing separate tag options for date inputs when using the PDF Builder
- Fixed the hover text on the trash can to say 'Delete Input' instead of 'Remove File' when using the Input Library
- Fixed an issue that was causing the columns in Docrio Global Advanced Search to not match the columns picked within Docrio Admin Settings
- Fixed an issue that was checking the 'check all' checkbox when a user clicked 'Clear Search' when using Docrio Advanced Search
- Fixed an issue that was causing incorrect text to appear in the Last Modified By ID column after a File Action was performed on the page
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the data from fields that were added to the Merge Packet from appearing in the Merge Packet Columns
- Fixed an issue that was causing the text in a column to be cut off and not revealed again when a column is minimized and then expanded again
- Fixed an issue where the Save button on the Edit Template modal was not grayed out and the user was allowed to click Next without selecting a template
- Fixed an issue that was preventing users from selecting 20 or more different records to assign documents to when using DocAssign,
- Fixed an issue that was preventing 2 or more documents that were created from a previous merge to be combined when either previewing or generating the combined document
- Fixed an issue where performing a merge that includes merging in 10,000 records, the merge will now succeed
- Fixed an issue where users were receiving an error after shortening the file name during uploading when the File Name was over 80 characters long.
- Fixed an issue that was causing File History records to appear out of order when users were copying large numbers of files
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to make edits to existing inputs that were Mutlipicklist fields